Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Transparency & Psalm 34:8

Thank you Lord for being my strength in the midst of it all. How is my heart today? As I read a devotional by Oswald Chambers I am reminded that it is a daily choice to continually open up to you. Where does my strength and freshness come from day by day? Is it you Lord? Why does my heart ache? When failure hits my heart sinks and the wonder comes to mind.. can I do this? My own selfishness shocks me and disappoints. Lord, it is my cry to you, please don't leave me this way. You are so full of mercy and grace. What I sang in worship the other night rings true. I am so unworthy, and yet you love me. How is this possible? Why did you choose me? I am nothing. As I see my own sinful nature my heart breaks. Why would you continue to bless me so much? Lord you are so great, so powerful, how can you care about us that much? I struggle with this. Haven't you seen what I've done, who I've been. How can you forgive this? How come my nature is not to forgive others for so much less than what you forgive me for?

In our search for acceptance, healed hearts, peace, love, and forgiveness may we only find you. This is my prayer.

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

No comments: